Sunday, 29 September 2013

T8's 5-1 Green Dragon

Venue: Rolls Royce Complex,  Watnall Road,  Hucknall

Two of the local hostelry teams met in this Notts Sunday League Premier Premier game,  and they thoroughly entertained the 15 or so that were in attendance!

T8's made hard work of beating Carlton Top Spot last week,  but ended up winning 5-1. This game was slightly easier on the home team nerves, as Dragon seemed a little overawed by some of the local "star" players they were to face, and gave them time and space all over the pitch.

Danny Gamble had the ball in the net on 11, but the linesman ruled out the effort after adjudging that Gamble was off side when he headed the ball home.  

Gamble did set up the first goal for T8's though on 23. After he was found by Greg Conn at the far post, the big striker had the relatively easy task of rolling the ball across the goal to where strike partner ANDY START was waiting to tap the ball into the goal.

T8's Andy Start and Danny Gamble

START converted again with 27 played, again a simple chance from a couple of yards out.  GREG CONN headed powerfully home at the near post on 31, then the first half scoring was rounded off by a superb effort from JERMAINE WARD, the wing back running down the right before cutting inside and slotting the ball neatly across the Dragon keeper and into the far corner.  H-T 4-0

Greg Conn (centre of pic)

Jermaine Ward (no. 11)

Within 30 seconds of the restart, DANNY GAMBLE added to T8's tally. After a surging run down the left, Conn played the ball into the 6 yard area where the big number 10 was on hand to divert the ball past the Dragon keeper into the net

Thoughts of a double figure score came into my head, but Dragon showed a little more resolve throughout the rest of the half, and had one or two decent chances of their own.  Jake Pearson in the home goal was called upon to keep out several efforts as Dragon took the game to their hosts, prompting the T8's bench to cry "where is the team that played in the  first  half?" 

With five minutes remaining, Dragon skipper MATT SISSON headed home from a right wing corner to spoil the clean sheet, but it was too little too late.  Referee Bill Turton ended the game a minute early, but on the whole had a relatively easy time of it. F-T 5-1