Tuesday 31 December 2013

Heanor Town 5-0 Winterton Rangers - and an apology!

Venue: The Town Ground, Heanor - Sat 28th December, kick off 3pm.

Scorers:
Kieran Debrouwer (25, 50, 69)
Greg Simmons (67, 71)
Attendance: 179


Apologies for not preparing match reports/blog entries over the past few weeks.  I have decided to take a break from writing detailed reports until I get the old enthusiasm back. 

I realised recently that I was missing a lot of the actual game note taking, and then transforming those notes into a blog entry was taking too much time, making it a thing to dread rather than the labour of love it once was.  

Until I can re-ignite the fire that used to burn inside, I'm giving it a rest and after almost 7 seasons, I reckon it's a break that is way overdue....

The "On The Road" team will still be attending games, and I will still be adding basic match details on here, and the Saturday fixtures will still be compiled - but we hope that our friends around the region will understand if a detailed match report isn't prepared and published. 

I know I will be back with pen in hand eventually - but I am looking forward to actually watching games rather than reporting on them.

In the mean-time, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy, and hopefully, Prosperous New Year.